Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Welcome to the EDM Outlands!

Welcome to the EDM Outlands!

For those of you not in the know, EDM stands for Electronic Dance Music, and as such, I will be reviewing EDM albums and EPs from all types of genres, from trance, to house, to techno, to ambient, to synth, to anything electronic basically.

As for the Outlands part, well, it's the name of one of the songs from one of my favourite albums, The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld, and it just... fits. A lot of good EDM is rarely heard or acknowledged by more than a handful of people, so most it is in the so called "Outlands"...

Onto me. I've been listening to EDM for the last 5 years, but have only in the last two years completely branched out into all areas of EDM. So I'm basically a newbie in some aspects. There are others out there that can completely put me to shame, but hey, I noticed a dearth of anything EDM-related blogs, barring a few mainstream terrible house, trance and eurodance blogs, and thought I'd jump in with my two cents worth.

Anyways, I post reviews whenever I feel like it, so add it to your feed and enjoy!

No comments: